5 songs to walk down the aisle to
From re-worked classics to modern love songs, and contemporary compositions… your 'walk down the aisle' song could just be on our list.
Finding that perfect song to walk down the aisle to can be a daunting task. With so many songs to choose from, how do you chose the one?
We've compiled a list of our top 'walk down the aisle songs' that our couples have used for their own weddings for you to gain inspiration from. However, if you're still looking for something more, here are our top tips on choosing the song that is right for you.
1. Does it spark emotion? Your entrance song should spark emotion in both you and your partner.. whether it be from the lyrics or the melody. When listening to our song for the first time, a clear give away that the song was for us.
2. Do the lyrics represent you? Words are the most powerful element of a song, and do these lyrics speak to you or reflect you as a couple? A song can have a beautiful melody, but the lyrics might not be as romantic as required.
3. Speaking of lyrics… would a song with lyrics fit your wedding style? In a lot of cases, a more formal wedding setting suits a softer, more classic melody without lyrics. Perhaps you have a string quartet playing, and in this case, lyrics won't fit.
4. Is there a song in your relationship history or family history that resonates with you? Sometimes the answer is closer then you think. The song you first danced to, or the first romantic song you listened to together on your first drive. Perhaps you want to walk down the aisle to the same song your parents did. Look inward and look close.
5. Will you be playing a track or will you have live music? If you're having a band present, they would have a list of suggestions for songs that they can play. Perhaps a song you would never have considered might sound completely different and 100 times more beautiful sung and played by your band at a slower tempo or in a way they have remastered.
And now to our list of songs…
1. Chateau - Angus & Julia Stone
2. Lay Me Down - Sam Smith
3. The Avener - La Tourre
4. Can’t Help Falling In Love - Kina Grannis
5. I’m Gonna Be - Super Bowl Version - Sleeping At Last